A new Overwatch 2 Beta update has been released today and it contains more major hero changes for fans to track.
Three popular characters have had their abilities tweaked today, and luckily for us, all of them are contained in the official OW2 patch notes.
And you can read all about what Blizzard has done with Mercy, Sojourn, and Baptiste below.
Overwatch 2 Beta Patch Notes For May 13
New changes have been made to the Overwatch 2 Beta today and they are all focused on the three heroes mentioned above. Blizzard is experimenting with making Mercy’s super jump an official part of her moveset, having seen players trying to pull it off for years. Using the popular boost technique while performing Guardian Angel has become easier, thanks to today’s Overwatch 2 update.
And the rest of the big changes can be found listed below as part of the official Overwatch 2 Beta patch notes shared today by Blizzard for the PC testing build:
New Hero Changes
This change helps reinforce Baptiste as a Support hero that can save allies in clutch moments. This new functionality is intended to synergize with Immortality Field, allowing for faster recovery after saving his allies (or himself!) from imminent danger
- Now heals for 50 instantly and 50 over time, instead of 100 over time. Additionally, the instant heal portion will be doubled on targets that are 50% or lower health. (Please note that we are aware of an issue where this ability is not updated on the hero information screen)
This is an initial implementation of new functionality designed to give Mercy players more options in how they use Guardian Angel. Some Mercy players were already able to do similar boosts by using a somewhat complicated technique often referred to as ‘Super jump’. This new functionality will allow all players to more consistently perform similar boosts, while the original technique is still there and remains untouched.
- In some ways this new cancel boost is even stronger than the original technique, since players are able to do this at any time rather than requiring them to be near their target. This is just an initial implementation and we’re eager to get feedback on how to improve it.
- Can now also be canceled by using the crouch key. If this key is used to cancel the ability, Mercy will be launched high into the air.
Sojourn has been a little weak since her initial addition to the roster. While this change doesn’t seem huge, increasing her rate of fire increases her alternate fire charge rate and ultimate gain, as well as purely increasing her primary fire’s raw DPS.
- Whenever a weapon’s rate of fire changes, it also changes how quickly the weapon will drain its magazine and run out of ammo. We’re increasing her ammo count to compensate for this.
- Railgun primary rate of fire increased from 13 to 15 shots-per-second
- Railgun maximum ammo increased from 40 to 45
In other news, Battle Net Servers Down: Overwatch, Call of Duty, Diablo affected by DDoS Attack