Fans of The CW’s Legacies are already not very happy about being in the middle of another hiatus, but the network put salt on the wound by cancelling the show altogether this week.
We confirm when Season 4 Episode 18 of Legacies will return, explain why The CW canceled the show, and provide an episode guide for the final season.
Created by Julie Plec for The CW, Legacies first premiered in 2018 as a spin-off to The Originals, which in turn, was a spin-off to The Vampire Diaries, starring Danielle Rose Russell, Aria Shahghasemi, Kaylee Bryant, Matt Davis, Jenny Boyd and more.
Legacies Season 4 Episode 18 return date
Legacies Season 4 Episode 18, titled By the End of This, You’ll Know Who You Were Meant to Be, will serve as the third-last episode, airing on Thursday, June 2, 2022, at 9/8c on The CW.
Episode 18 will be directed by Lauren Petzke and written by Thomas Brandon.
Legacies is currently on a month-long hiatus after Episode 17 premiered on May 5 and The CW has not issued a reason why. CarterMatt believes it may be so that Walker can be paired with Legacies on the June schedule, but for now, fans will need to watch repeats on the network.
The CW cancels Legacies
The CW confirmed on Thursday, May 12, 2022, that Legacies was canceled and would not be returning for a fifth season – as fans were hoping.
The CW canceled the following series: Roswell, New Mexico, In the Dark, Charmed, 4400, Naomi and Dynasty, and Legacies.
Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow were also canceled by the network shortly before, much to the disappointment of fans.
It was reported by TV Line that The CW axed many of its long-running shows because of the network’s upcoming sale, making its future uncertain.
Legacies Season 4 episode guide
The return of Season 4 Episode 18 will mark the start of Legacies finale three episodes, as we head towards the show’s finale.
Below we have highlighted the episodes involved in this final season in addition to the final three release dates:
- Episode 1: You Have to Pick One This Time
Episode 2: There’s No I in Team, or Whatever
- Episode 3: We All Knew This Day Was Coming
- Episode 4: See You on the Other Side
- Episode 5: I Thought You’d Be Happier to See Me
- Episode 6: You’re a Long Way from Home
- Episode 7: Someplace Far Away from All This Violence
- Episode 8: You Will Remember Me
- Episode 9: I Can’t Be the One to Stop You
- Episode 10: The Story of My Life
- Episode 11: Follow the Sound of My Voice
- Episode 12: Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
- Episode 13: Was This the Monster You Saw?
- Episode 14: The Only Way Out Is Through
- Episode 15: Everything That Can Be Lost May Also Be Found
- Episode 16: I Wouldn’t Be Standing Here If It Weren’t For You
- Episode 17: Into the Woods
- Episode 18: By the End of This, You’ll Know Who You Were Meant to Be – Thursday, June 2, 2022.
- Episode 19: This Can Only End in Blood – Thursday, June 9, 2022.
- Episode 20: Do You Mind Staying with Me for Another Minute? – Thursday, June 16, 2022.
Going by the above schedule from The CW, this puts Legacies‘ series finale on Thursday, June 16, 2022, where the spin-off’s narrative will come to a conclusion.
By Jo Craig – [email protected]
In other news, Legacies Season 4 Episode 18 to return in June for series finale